Pennsylvania law requires the Sheriff of Columbia County to process all applications for a license to carry firearms.
Licenses are issued to all those who qualify, based on a background investigation done by the Sheriffs Office through the Pennsylvania Instant Check system (PIC). Once an application for license to carry is filed, the Sheriff has 45 days in which to do the investigation and notify the applicant. The license is valid for 5 years. The Sheriff has the ability to revoke the license at anytime for misuse.
All applicants are required to have a valid Pennsylvania Drivers License or ID and must pay a fee of $20.00 (cash, money order or check) at the time the application is submitted.
The Sheriff also licenses all firearms dealers in Columbia County. For more information on firearms licensing and safety please call our office at 570.389.5622
- Right-click on the blue link below and then Left-click on "Save Target As".
- Save the file to your PC in the directory of your choice.
- When the file has been saved, open and print out the form.
- Fill out the form completely.
- Sign the form then bring it into the sheriff's office with your payment.